Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Red Coat Continues to Mutate

I got up at 3 am this morning and had nothing to do while letting husband sleep longer.  I pulled the truck curtain and put on a little reading light and crocheted the red coat to death.

I crocheted around the edges, added to the waist to give it more definition.  The sleeves are split to allow a button closure.  On the right are the button loops.

There is a scalloped edging now around the whole coat.  Now to find the right buttons.

Miette was tolerating another try on, since she spied the embellishment.

 Still she is not fond of the colour at all. I keep trying to tell her that it is merely a warm coat for a cold truck but it is not her idea of refined clothing.

 I used a pin to hold the coat closed, I think that pearl buttons might be an idea.

Miette insisted on a hat, and so in the dark, I made one.  By the time the sun came up, it was done.  It needs ribbon through the bottom of the hat, I made ribbon holes for it.

Well, Miette is re-designing the coat.  We will be digging through the notions bag to see if we can finish this.

In the meantime, she is already eyeing some yarn for a more appropriate coat:


I told her that the eyelash yarn was too modern for her, but she sniffed and said that french girls have an eye for anything stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment