Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Ball Incident - Part 2


Hammie:  I hear Nanny coming!
Audrey: GOOD!  'Cause you're getting into BIG trouble!
 
Nanny: My word, what kind of troubles do we have here?  No one speaking to each other, no one playing together,  It seems we have a situation that needs fixing!
Audrey:  (silence)
Hammie (silence)
Nanny:  Lets use words please!

 
Audrey:  Nanny!  Hammie stole my ball and won't give it back and he won't play with me and he thinks I am ugly!
Hammie:  It's my turn to have the ball, she never plays with it anyways!  
Nanny:  Ah, I see.  Well, we have hurt feelings and a misplaced sense of ownership going on.

 
Nanny:  So, Master Hamlet, where did you put your gentlemanly ways?  Stealing things from young ladies is not how Sir Galahad would have acted!  No, sir.  He would have complimented the fair lady and shown how noble he was.
Hammie:  I guess so.  Is Audrey crying?
Audrey: *sniffle*

 
Hammie:  I guess I don't really need this ball, besides it's girly pink!
Audrey: (though her hiccuppy sobs) I jsut wanted to play ball with you!
Nanny:  Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding.  I think some cheery pie at tea time is just what we need to soothe all these ruffled  feathers.

Hammie: Cheery pie is my favourite!
Nanny:  What do you need to do, Master Hamlet?
 
Hammie:  I am sorry, Audrey.  You can have your ball.  
Audrey: I don't care about the ball, I don't want you to call me ugly!
Hammie: I didn't call you ugly, I called you a girl!  (laughs).
Nanny:  So, are we starting all this again?  I suppose my cat will have the cheery pie today. 

 
Hammie:  Audrey, you're the most beautiful girl in the  Black Forest!
Audrey:  I am?  Wheres the Black Forest?

 
Nanny:  I think the Black Forest is a might fine place to start with being pretty!
Audrey:  I love you Hammie....(smooch)
Hammie: Yucky!  Can we have tea now?
CHEERY CHEESE PIE 
1 (9") graham cracker crumbs crust or baked pastry shell
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1/3 c. ReaLemon lemon juice from concentrate
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled
In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in ReaLemon brand and vanilla. Pour into prepared crust. Chill 3 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of pie filling before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe From: Cheery Cheese Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment