Thursday, October 29, 2009

Naming, clothing ideas

I went through many names yesterday, and decided on all three of my Dollzones will have Danish names.  I am writing down the different names that appeal to me, and then spend time with each companion and see what fits.

Names for girls that I like:
Adalena
Allette
Ambrosia
Andersine
Anegrete
Anegrethe
Anemette
Annagrete
Annasofie
Annebet
Annemari
Annemerete
Ansine
Begitta
Belenda
Bibiana
Celestina
Clausine
Diddi
Ea
Eija
Gisa
Hansine
Iliana
Ilsabet
Ilsebil
Ingela
Ingelene
Katjanna
Katka
Kjersti
Laurina
Laurine
Madsine
Nette
Sissa
Susia
Tinka


I also bought a lambs wool hair wig today.  It is called honey in the colours, but the photo looks sort of beige-y.  I would prefer not having any yellow tones, but if it comes as a horrible colour, I will dye it myself.  I will eventually switch the children's hair to the same type of wig.  I really love the feel of it and the fun wildness.  Perfect for little Nisse's.

I also collected lots of pictures of traditional Danish and Sami folk dress.  I will be using them as an idea base for designing their clothes.  I started collecting some old style house interiors for the room I will eventually build them. 



 

I am envision my new girl as about 12 years old.  She would be pale, soft doe colours, gentle and sweet.   Both the children are tan skinned an bright in the colouring, so I would like her to be the fair one.  I may do a light sprinkle of freckles across her nose.  I am considering reducing her bust size, I will wait until she is present to find all the right nuances that she will need.  I will also have to be quick on making some very basic clothing, undergarments, 2 dresses, an apron and a night gown at the very least.  I can knit her a sweater and hat later.  I know I have a pair of black boots for her, but I cannot remember if there are any other MSD size shoes in the cupboard.

I have been thinking about what I will take back to my parents and leave behind (even if it is only for the next 5 weeks).  I think that I will take Olivia the Pig, Miriam and Nanny back, giving them a rest from traveling and this then will give me a chance to get to know the new girl.  I can make her a bed in the cubby and she can help with the children.

Guess for the next 10 days or so, all I can do is dream and scheme!

No comments:

Post a Comment