Sunday, December 6, 2009

Confusing Explanations

Olwen liked to write in her dairy.  At her tender age of 12, she was sure she knew everything there was to know about the world and life in general.  Often she started what she thought was deep and meaningful sentences and lost her train of thought and drew pictures instead.


Hammie:  Olwen, what doing?  I have a question.
Olwen: I am writing serious things.  I can answer your question.  I can answer any question!


Hammie:  What's a Christmas tree and how come we don't know know anything about Christmas and are we going to be Christmas?
Olwen:  Uhm, well.  I think I will have to think a minute.
Hammie:  Why?


Olwen:  Well, it's kinda complicated.  See, Christmas is our thing we do, but we haven't been instructed yet and well, it's long story.
Hammie:  Does it hurt?
Susan:  Oh no!  It's the most wonderful time of the year!  There's lots to love about Christmas!  It's just that I am not suppose to say anything until Nanny can tell you about something you need to know.  Something even I don't know all about.  Oh, it's all so confusing.


Hammie:  (sighing) I like the tree looking so pretty.  I like the pretty star on top.  It looks magical.  Is there more to a Christmas?  Do trees just get decorated?
Olwen: Yes there is more.  Lots more.  It is a happy time, and I just don't know how to make it happy because we are in a truck and not able to do what we are suppose to do.  I am going to write Nanny a letter and see what she has to say about it.
Hammie:  Ask Nanny to send cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment