Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Start of A New Direction

It is cold and gray with snow everywhere.  This sort of scene depresses a lot of people, but not me.  Right now I am so relieved and happiness is seeping in.  We have finally been granted home-time.  It almost didn't happen.  I spent nearly a week worried about it, the assignments that were coming through took us everywhere except where we needed to be.  Emotionally, I crashed and beyond all of the stress of it, exhaustion was a big hindrance for us both.  We've been on the road too long this run.  This is not the blog for all of this, let me just say that we are finally on our way and will be home for Christmas.  It was an extremely close call.

I promised myself that I would make a decision by year end about my dolls.  I am extending that decision to March, by then, I will be sure.  I am going to start talking about it, wander through the process and explore what it will mean to me and my companions.



I have found that my heart has been completely taken by Audrey and Hammie.  In such a way, that there is nothing that can compare to them.  Their size, their weight, their looks, their way of making me smile ever single time I see them to the way I feel when I hold them.  I am seriously considering adopting out most of my dolls and settling with the ones that mean the most to me.  There are many reasons for doing this, and many other ideas that also keep me from doing it too.  One thing is for sure, I want to explore it, I want to find the right thing for me.  I am feeling close to it.

Right now I am working on a simple striped cardigan sweater for Hammie.


We will be home on the 22nd (probably very late) and have the 23rd to relax.  I hope I have enough energy to put together a little idea I have brewing.   If not, that's ok too.  Sometimes the simplest moments of just being together are all that are necessary to make everything all right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment